Wednesday 28 September 2011

Laughter is the best medicine.

The post of this title is a well-known quote. I googled the quote to find its origin, but didn't find much. The closest I found was a similar quote from the Bible :

"A merry heart does good, like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones." -Proverbs 17:22 (New King James Version)

I have noticed when I am completely saturated and frustrated about my daily routine, I tend to laugh a lot. I crack the poorest jokes and start with small giggles, then this proceeds further to loud laughs. This was done very unknowingly for a very long time and then I noticed it. But now when I do it, is when I realise I am saturated and I need a break from my routine...I must admit I pretty enjoy laughing for no reason at all. I find my laughter breaks help me recover and I am fresher to restart ...

So, how many of you have similar laugh-breaks or feel that laughter is the best medicine?

2 comments:

  1. Nice one. I am glad laughing helps you recover from saturation and frustration. I am not a doctor. But I have read in a health magazine that laughter relaxes the whole body, boosts the immune system, triggers the release of endorphins, and protects the heart.

    When do I laugh a lot and laugh for no reason? I do that when I consume an extra glass of merlot.

    ReplyDelete