So, two weeks back that was decided and the invitation sent ...So I cooked my first "traditional" Keralite "sadhya" (meal/feast) for dinner on Saturday for my friends ...I must admit my friends are sweethearts - two reasons - they helped and they had the courage to be guinea pigs...Thanks a million to y'all.
- Avial (a mixed vegetable curry cooked in ground coconut and yoghurt spiced with cumin seeds and chillies)
- Ladies Finger Sambar (ladies finger in a lentil curry with a bit of tamarind)
- Olan (a curry made of cow-peas and pumpkin)
- Beans Uperi (a dry form of long beans seasoned with mustard seeds, chillies and coconut)
- Tomato Rasam (a spicy lentil and tomato soup)
- Cucumber Pachidi (cucumber seasoned with mustard seeds, chillies and curry leaves in yoghurt)
- Semiya Payasam (a sweet dish made of vermicilli in milk)
|Sambar, Pachidi, Avial, Rice, Olan, Pappadam, Pickles, Snacks that my friend brought and Ghee.(Anticlockwise from the bottom of the picture)|
|Rasam, Youghurt, Beans uperi - additions that were not seen in the previous picture.|
My friends said it was good...and they are not the ones to say unless they mean it...so I believe it...Hope I didn't get y'all hungry...if any of y'all want recipies...I can pass it on...